The hot summer months in Orlando can be rough if your air conditioning unit isn’t working properly. Before summer comes, you should take into consideration the current condition of your cooling system. Performing preventive maintenance, now, will allow your air conditioner to take on the Central Florida summer in an efficient manner.
Preventive maintenance performed by a professional on your A/C system will consider the following factors:
- Thermostat Settings: Is your system set to run when you’re not at home? Is your system set lower than it needs to be? Your thermostat settings need to be evaluated in order to ensure that your air conditioning unit is working in the most efficient manner.
- Lubrication: Some parts of your A/C system should be well lubricated. If they aren’t, they can create friction, increasing the amount of energy required to run your air conditioner.
- Condensate Drain: Plugged/clogged drains can cause water damage and increase the humidity levels in your home, possibly leading to mold. Preventive maintenance will ensure that this doesn’t happen in your home.
- Evaporator and Condenser A/C Coils: Air conditioning units with dirty coils have a reduced ability to cool the homes in which they are installed. Having your air conditioner’s coils cleaned will reduce the energy necessary to run your unit and will increase the life of your cooling unit.
- Electrical Connections: The voltage in your system’s motor should be checked. Bad electric connections can cause your system to function unsafely and reduce the life of your unit, costing you more money down the road.
- Blower Components: Airflow in your air conditioning unit can reduce the efficiency of your system by as much as 15 percent.
- Refrigerant Level: If your system has too high or too low of a refrigerant level, your system will run less efficiently.
Preventive maintenance check-ups will provide assurance that your A/C system is in good working condition and will help lower your utility bills. The experts at Rinaldi’s Air Conditioning are trained to conduct the maintenance your A/C system needs to run efficiently. Contact us today to make sure your system is ready to take on the summer heat.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Rinaldi’s services Orlando, Florida and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website or see our current specials.