Finding a trusted company to service your cooling system can make a difference in your energy bills and comfort level throughout the long summers in Orlando. Because HVAC equipment is so complicated, these HVAC certifications make it easier to choose a solid contractor for your system.
By law, all HVAC contractors and technicians in Florida must have a license, insurance, and bonding. Before entering into any kind of work agreement with a contractor, ask for their license and insurance numbers. AsktheSeal.com provides a free and valuable service for homeowners who want to verify that the contractor meets all licensing and fiduciary requirements for licensed contractors.
- Look for membership in the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and what their rating is from this trusted organization. The BBB’s highest rating is A+ and their lowest is F.
- The Building Performance Institute (BPI) is an association of contractors who meet this organization’s high standards for retrofitting existing, older buildings and homes to make them energy efficient. Members must demonstrate their knowledge and proficiency to become members in this prestigious organization.
- The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) keeps its members on the leading edge of technology in the HVAC field. Its members have access to information, seminars, and online tools to keep them at the forefront of their fields.
- NATE (North American Technician Excellence) membership. NATE is a nonprofit organization whose members must pass stringent tests to earn membership. Their educational and testing programs are the most rigorous in the industry.Maintaining NATE certification requires testing every two years and continuing education in the HVAC field within their particular specializations. A contractor with HVAC certifications from NATE will provide top-notch customer service, knowledge, and competence.
- Angie’s List is a website that provides reviews from other customers about contractors, and it’s another resource to check for a contractor’s reputation.
These HVAC certifications will help you select the best company in the Orlando area to maintain your air conditioner. To learn more, contact Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions, providing NATE- and BPI-certified HVAC services for homeowners.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “ArtsyBee/pixabay”